Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Before & After: THE SEQUEL

You saw the recent post of Erica's short haircut, right? Well, that same night the boys became inspired to cut their hair, too. Andrew stated that he knew that he is going bald and that he is sick of seeing handfuls of hair go down the drain every morning in the shower. He asked if I would buzz his hair off. "Sure!", I said confidently. "No problem. I can do it."

Here is his before picture. Notice the receding hairline. Sorry son,balding comes from my side of the family.

Here is his after picture. How bad can you mess up a buzz cut? We used a #6 guard on the clippers.

Here is Pat. He isn't sure if he wants to follow in his siblings campaign for short hair. He isn't sure if he trusts Mom enough to do a good job. "Come on Pat!" I coax having removed the guard clippers to trim around Andrew's neck, ears, and sideburns."Okay Mom. I TRUST YOU." Famous last words as I snap this before picture.

I begin my first swoop across his scalp and then I realize that I forgot to put the guard back on! "OH MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE?" I scream. "Mom! What did you do?" as he feels the top of his hair. "Pat, don't worry!" I plead. "We can comb it over and spray it down with tons of hairspray!" To which Patrick vehemently declared, "I'M NOT GOING TO WEAR A COMB-OVER!" Needless to say after crying and screaming and pointing fingers, all of this done by me while Patrick is hugging and trying to console me, I have to shave the rest of his head because he refused to walk into Great Clips to have them complete what I felt that I couldn't finish. This was not a good day. I felt horrible and was literally inconsolable. Poor Pat! He trusted me and this is what I do?

Here is his after picture. Or it could be his Aryan Nation ID card picture or a mug shot photo. It doesn't even look like my little Patty. Sorry son. Sorry you had to go to your first day of high school looking like you just finished another round of chemotherapy. I will make it up to you somehow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Moni I can only imagine how bad you felt and still feel. As I read the narrative I could so invision your hands up to your mouth and the other expressions you were saying and demonstrating. Hey there is always the positive making lemonade out of lemons. What about a few wigs in the interim - he could try various styles. Did you happen to look back at Craig's military photos and see any resemblance? This will be a memorable story one day to tell on his wedding day!!! You're a GREAT mom! Love, Nana

TeamTyson said...

This post makes me laugh, cry, pee, and then laugh again! I think I will laugh at this till the day I die!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

this post cracked me up!

thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! i really appreciate it! i love your blog too!